Kanchana Wijesekara, Sri Lanka’s Power and Energy Minister, announced the National Fuel Pass on July 16.
In a statement, he said that vehicle owners can register for a National Fuel Pass and that acquiring this pass is the only way to get a weekly quota of diesel and petrol. Since the news broke out, users have been looking for the fastest ways to get fuelpass login and the registration process.
The National Fuel Pass is scheduled to be implemented on July 21, 2022. However, the number of registrations has crossed over a million.
Here, we will tell you everything you need to know about Fuelpass login and National Fuel Pass:
Introduction: What Is National Fuel Pass?
As was said, the Sri Lankan Power and Energy Ministry has created a new way to distribute fuel called the National Fuel Pass. Citizens can register for the Fuel Pass at https://fuelpass.gov.lk. One received. This fuelpass allows a guaranteed weekly fuel quota.
Nonetheless, it applies only to one vehicle per passport number, NIC (National Identity Card). Business owners can also use their business registration numbers.
After verifying the chassis number, identity details, and other essential information, vehicle owners will be given a QR code. It can be used to get petrol or diesel two days a week.
The subject two days are allocated according to the last digit of the vehicle number plate, which are as follows:
|Last Digit of the Vehicle Number||Days of the Week for Fuel|
|0, 1, 2||Monday and Thursday|
|3, 4, 5||Tuesday and Friday|
|6, 7, 8, 9||Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday|
NFP, or National Fuel Pass, will be effective from July 21, 2022, so it is important to go for Fuelpass registration. Let’s see how you can do that.
Rules for National Fuel Pass Login and Registration
Before proceeding to the Fuelpass registration and login process, you must familiarize yourself with essential rules and regulations.
- One NIC, BRN, or passport can be used for only one vehicle and mobile number.
- It is not mandatory to match the name and address mentioned in the vehicle ownership certificate with the name and address in NIC.
- Vehicles registered on companies or government should be registered with NIC or Business Registration Number per vehicle. Multiple vehicle registration for these bodies will begin shortly.
- The fuel quota allocation will differ for each vehicle category, which is yet to be announced by the Ministry.
- Registration can be processed at www.fuelpass.gov.lk.
The following vehicle categories are eligible for National Fuel Pass registration in Sri Lanka.
Fuelpass Registration Process: How to Register for National Fuel Pass at fuelpass.gov.lk?
Since the NFP announcement, many people have been looking for fuel pass registration. The process is very straightforward, and here’s how to do it:
- Visit www.fuelpass.gov.lk and hit the “Register” option.
- Here, you have two sections, i.e., Personal Details and Vehicle Details.
- In Personal Details, you can enter your NIC number, PP, or BRN. Then, provide your mobile number and verify it with the OTP.
- Once done, you must provide your First Name, Last Name, and Address according to the identity proof you have provided.
- Now click on “Next.” You will be navigated to “Vehicle Details.”
- Here, you need to enter the vehicle number, vehicle type, and chassis number and select fuel type (petrol and diesel).
- Now accept the “Terms and Conditions” and hit the “Register” option.
Fuelpass Login Process: How to Login at https://fuelpass.gov.lk/?
- Firstly, open fuelpass.gov.lk and hit the “Login” button.
- Now, you can complete the login process by entering your credentials.
- Once you are in, you see a dashboard.
- Here, you can see your guaranteed weekly quota balance and when it is your next turn.
How Can I Check My Fuel Pass Balance?
You can check your fuel balance once you have logged in to fuelpass.gov.lk.
Alternatively, you can send an SMS to 0766220000 with the text “FUEL BAL” and your vehicle number.
Can I Register for Two Vehicles with One NIC?
Per the current guidelines and rules, you are not allowed to register for Fuel Pass using a NIC or other document for multiple vehicles.
What Is the Helpline Number for National Fuel Pass in Sri Lanka?
The customer care number for National Fuel Pass is 1919. You can call here for registration assistance.
Can I Carry Forward My Weekly Fuel Quota to the Next Week?
Many of my Sri Lankan brothers and sisters ask, “What if I don’t use my weekly fuel quota? Can I carry it forward?”
The answer is NO. You cannot do that.
At Which Fuel Stations is FuelPass Accepted?
The National Fuel Pass is accepted at all IOC and Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC or CEYPETCO) stations.
How do I use my fuel pass to get petrol or Diesel in Sri Lanka?
Once you have successfully registered, you will receive a QR code. You must show this QR code on your smartphone or a printed copy.